Friday 19 November 2010

Danmark /København/ (I)

Finally came to our last stop *sob* Time always flies by quickly when one’s on holiday. I have to acknowledge, though, that my trip ended in a high because of this wonderful city (and company of course!). To come to Copenhagen again after 4 years has completely changed my impression on the Danish capital.

The Friday night out in Copenhagen was madness. (Remember the previous night we were out in Malmö for the Balkan music night until 3!) I gotta put CPH in my top 3 night out – not that I have too many to start with!

 
Nyhavn in daytime
Kongens Nytorv
We started off with a drink at Nyhavn. It is a lovely spot to chill – both during the day and in the evening. A bit quiet though for a Friday night. Perhaps we were too early and people were still having supper. After a light sample of alcohol by the harbour, we proceeded to a posh restaurant/bar where Kevin works. It was packed with people (Welcome to Friday night in CPH!) We had to settle for a drink outside in the cold (away from the heater – as the tables round the ONLY heater were all occupied!) Andreas brought us some coffee (with a high dose of Bailey in it) and we ordered some drinks.

 
                                      Delicacies @ Victor Cafe
 
Finally got offered a table inside at around 10. By then we were starving and were desperately in need of food after all the alcohol consumption. Food arrived (very delightful food I must add!!) and more drinks. I am trying to recall when I had – some cider, white wine, 2 Fernet-Branca (an Italian mix which tasted like disgusting Chinese herbal medicine cum mouthwash, oh YUCK!), some more coffee with (excessive) Bailey, some beer (maybe?). I’m sure the guys had a few more than I did. It was all a bit of a blur anyway because Kevin’s workmates kept bringing us drinks and more drinks.

CPH is sooooo pretty
By the time we stepped out of the restaurant, it was maybe 1-ish and I could hardly balance myself. And I really mean it when I say that. My head was spinning and I had to hold onto the guys to walk. (The guys seemed to cope not bad but were obviously a bit tipsy too!) We entered the sports bar (same owner as the restaurant in which Kevin works) next door and I said to the guys I was done for the night. No more drinks for me. I faintly remember bumping into a random guy in the Ladies Room. And then somehow, Kevin managed to get me home (with a lot of dragging and balancing I presume!) He even told me to climb up all the stairs to the top of the building when he only lives on the 1/F. He is one cheeky monkey! My mind was lucid the whole way but I could hardly control my legs. They just went all wobbly. And the last thing I remember was dropping dead in bed with my head still spinning…

That probably sums up my first night in Copenhagen. But truly, we all had a blast!

No comments:

Post a Comment